A common issue - this article will explain how to ensure your data is uploaded to your cloud portal.
If you run tests but the results aren't immediately available in the cloud portal, please attempt these steps before reaching out to support.
- Ensure that your tablet has an active internet connection
- Sometimes IT security protocols call for an extra step to enable a wireless connection, so please attempt to visit a website from the browser on the tablet to confirm that you have an active network connection.
- If you are connected to a network but the app still shows the warning "Saving Data in Offline Mode," please check for an update to the mobile app.
- Open the Google Play Store app and search for "Hawkin Capture." On the app page, you should either see an option to "Open" or "Update" the app. After updating, please open the Hawkin App again to initiate the sync.
- If you are connected to a network (confirmed) and the app is up to date, but you still see the "Saving Data in Offline Mode" warning, please try using a different WiFi network (Ex. hotspot from mobile phone).
- In some cases, IT security departments will inadvertently block traffic to our cloud portal. If you are able to sync with your cloud on a different network, but not your main network, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can assist you in discussing the issue with your IT department to ensure no uploads are blocked moving forward.
- If your problems persist and none of these steps resolve your issue, please contact us so we can assist email@example.com
WARNING: If you have collected data that hasn't uploaded to the cloud, DO NOT uninstall the Hawkin Capture app under any circumstances. This can cause all of your un-uploaded tests to be lost permanently.