- The Squat Jump test is a useful test for measuring concentric-only force application.
- Want to learn more about the Squat Jump? Click here.
- In the app, select “Squat Jump” from the testing menu
- Have the selected athlete stand on the plates with their hands firmly attached to their hips
- Instruct the athlete to assume a self selected squat depth, or starting at a knee angle of 90 degrees flexion
- Press the play button to start test
- On the beep and flash cue the athlete to jump straight up with as little countermovement as possible. jumping as high as possible landing back on the plates.
- Following each test, press save.
- Repeat for desired number of tests.
- Cue athlete to get up from squat position as fast as possible.
- Athlete must land on plates after jump for results to process and stick the landing for stiffness and landing calculations.
- It is important to standardize testing protocols in order to accurately compare results, including:
Need additional help?